Types of collections
The system can contain the following types of collections:
- Public Collection: a collection available to both logged-in and anonymous users, displayed without an icon.
- Common collection: a collection available to all logged-in users, displayed with the icon .
- Private collection: a collection that is only available to the user who created it and to the System Administrator, displayed with the icon .
- Technical collection: a collection created after importing assets, named in the format "Import from date and time of import (name of the user who imported the assets). A technical collection is private by default.
- Collection with an incomplete import: a collection created as a result of an import, but the user has not clicked the button to confirm completion after all of its assets are loaded, displayed with the icon .
Managing access to a collection
The collection can be common, i.e. visible to all logged in system users, public, i.e. visible to all system users, or private - visible only to its author and the Administrator.
The new collection you create automatically becomes private.
To make it visible to other authorized users, set the Common switch in the Properties section of the sidebar to Yes.
To make it visible to both authorized and unauthorized users, set the Public switch in the Properties section of the sidebar to Yes.
To hide a collection, set its switch to No.
Share a link to the collection
You can give access to the collection to both logged in users and any external users. To do this, create a link to the collection and send it to the appropriate person.