A proxy version is a lower resolution copy of an original file. For example, if you have an original photo of 4000*2370 pixels, you can create its copy with a resolution of 1200*1200 pixels and publish it on social networks. Creating a proxy, the system does not crop the photo, but fits it into a 1200*1200 container, keeping the same aspect ratio. The size of the created proxy is, in our case, 1200*711 pixels.
The following proxy versions are automatically created in Picvario:
- Miniature 500 px horizontally
- Preview 800 px horizontally
- Full screen 2500 px horizontally
It is possible to add up to 5 custom proxy versions of your photos or videos.
Note that proxy versions are created when files are being imported into the system, you will not be able to add new proxy versions to previously uploaded files.
How to add custom proxy versions
Open the Picvario administration panel and go to Home > Proxy_File_Options > Proxy file options. In the upper right corner, click Add proxy file option and define the following parameters:
- name: enter the name of the proxy version
- file type: select video / image depending on the type of files for which the proxy version will be generated
- width: enter the length of the proxy version in pixels
- height: enter the height of the proxy version in pixels
- format: select the desired proxy format for photo / video
then click Save.
Import new files into Picvario and find proxy versions available for downloading by clicking on the Download button on the preview panel of the asset.